Self Storage Tips
Self Storage Tips | Loading Your Space
- Rent the smallest amount of space you need and pack the space until full.
- A box for everything and everything in a box, is the best protection of your goods. Use uniform sizes of boxes and stack them shoulder high to maximize your total storage space.
- Prepare your unit by placing plastic on the floor under your goods. Be sure the plastic laps up over the walls a few inches on every side.
- Leave a small air space between the goods stored and the storage unit walls.
- Store lightweight small items around the back of the storage unit. Move large, heavy items into storage last.
- Do not place heavy or sharp objects on top of upholstered furniture
- Protect your mattresses, sofas, and chairs with plastic covers.
- Cover the entire load with a light plastic cover.
- Use a good quality lock on your storage unit door. Cheap locks rust.
- Insure your goods while in storage. Ask the manager about self storage insurance at reasonable rates.
- Keep a list of all items in storage as well as pictures, and descriptions.
Space saving Packing Tips
Begin packing a couple of days before you move into our Hyrum Storage Facility. Careful packing pays by preventing breakage and loss of small and fragile items. Movingtime is a great time to weed out old, unwanted or unneeded possessions. They only take up storage space. You’ll want plenty of sturdy corrugated cartons, packing paper, sealing tape, and a magic marker-type pen. Then, if you follow these simple packing tips, they will save you trouble, help avoid damage to your goods and make maximum use of the space in your storage unit.